Thursday, January 29, 2009

SWEETHEART

Joshua is a sweetheart! After I picked him up from school we went to run a couple of errands. Our second stop was Borders. While there he said, "Mom, Caroline was beautiful today." My eyes popped out of my head and my mouth dropped when I said, "Oh yeah! That is very sweet of you to say Joshua. Why do you say Caroline was beautiful?" He then replies as he is casually looking at the neat craft kits at Borders, "She looked pretty because her nails were painted...I mean polished. She had polished nails." I was at a loss for words. I mean seriously. Where does this kid learn these things? My nails are rarely polished or painted. I wonder if he thinks I am beautiful.
I have to say, Caroline is a very cute little girl and the sweetest little chatter box at that. I don't think he has heard me say that though. Jeff is going to have to have the "talk" with Joshua much earlier than I ever thought.

No comments: