Monday, January 26, 2009

NO OFFICER IT WASN'T ME...

...that dialed 9-1-1. We were at Grampie's and Mimi's house last night for dinner. While there Andrew grabbed the phone. No harm done until the phone started ringing. Dave answered the phone and it was a 9-1-1 operator. He said, "Oh I'm sorry, but it was my grandson. He had the phone and must have dialed 9-1-1." Well, we thought that was that until a police officer rang the doorbell. He gave both boys a police badge sticker and told Joshua, who was being shy, to always tell the truth. I am still laughing about it today.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

So funny. That is bound to happen here soon with Morgan and Jack's fascination with the phone. No play phone will do just the real one.

Newman Family Blog said...

That is awesome! Love the badges!

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

OH my! That's actually really awesome that they showed up anyway! Great policeman!!

Jennifer said...

lol
This happened to me when I was maybe 15 years old and babysitting. The little boy I was watching dialed 911. Officers showed up then, too.
I think they're required to, just to make sure.