Friday, October 3, 2008

DAILY WALK/BIKE RIDE

Joshua, Andrew, and I have been walking the track at Richland College for a while now. I usually just put them both in the stroller and we go. The track is about a quarter mile there, three quarters mile around, and then of course a quarter mile back. It is rather difficult pushing both boys in my stroller made for casual pushing 1.25 miles. I believe the real reason it is so hard to push is that Joshua's weight has surpassed the limit. So, when Joshua asked if he could ride his tricycle I was happy to say yes. However, I did tell him that he had to ride it the whole way. I would not be pushing/pulling his tricycle back home if he got tired. He had no problem with that. That was about three days ago. Since then he has taken his tricycle every time. One day we even went once in the morning and another time in the evening. He has been asking to go on these walks, which is just awesome...I have some poundage to lose and he is motivating me. I am very proud of him. I mean he is not even 4 yet and he rides 1.25 miles, sometimes asks to go around again, and we also stop at the little exercise area and do some situps, pushups, leg lifts, tricep dips, etc...Gotta love him! He is a trooper.

Leaving out this morning...it was a bit chilly.

See the blue reflectors in the road. Those are his speed bumps. He loves riding over them.

He likes to run, jump, and grab the bar...this is a shoulder stretch, but it is perfect for him to do chin lifts.

Andrew content in the stroller...playing peekaboo with momma.
Joshua being silly...he put Mr. Potato Heads silly mouth in his.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

TeamRiss said...

What a big boy! He needs to give some 'Mr. Independent' lessons to Cole.