Saturday, October 11, 2008

IT'S PUMPKIN TIME

The kids and I opened pumpkin season with a trip to a pumpkin patch, Big Orange Pumpkin Farm, a couple of Fridays ago. We went with my Tuesday MTM ladies and their kids. I was a little bummed that I had to pay $7 for me and $7 for Joshua when I first heard about it...last year I went to a pumpkin patch for free. However, when we got there I soon found the price was well worth it. We got feed for the animals (cows, goats, sheep, long horns), we each got a small pumpkin, we rode the hayride, and there were a couple of tractors I could not keep the boys off. It took us about 45 minutes to get there, from Dallas to Celina, and once we were about 5 minutes away it started raining. Oh man! I tried calling a couple of the ladies and when I got someone they assured me it was not raining at the patch. However, I was not prepared for how cool the rain made it. Joshua did have a jacket in the car, but Andrew and I were a bit chilly. It warmed up after about an hour, so we ended up being dressed perfectly.
We started by feeding the animals, Andrew did not like this one bit. He screamed in fear as the cow tried to "eat" his hand. Joshua was scared at first, but ended up relaxing and fed the goats. Once our hands were slimed to our elbows we decided it was time for the hayride. I think the boys enjoyed that. Lots to see at a pumpkin farm. After the hayride we went to the pumpkin fields and took pics of the kids as they picked out a pumpkin. Then it was time to eat lunch. As the adults were trying to finish their lunches the kids played on the tractors. Joshua was okay at sharing, but he would get off and run and get in line again. Andrew stayed by the pedals. Once everyone was done with lunch we tried to get a picture of all the kids...no go on that one. It was time to go! Maybe we will try to take Daddy later this month.


Andrew held the cow food well, he did not try to eat it, but once the cow's mouth engulfed his hand he dropped the food and screamed.

Joshua finally enjoying feeding the goats...it's like they are starved.

Boys and I on the hayride.

Andrew picking out a pumpkin.
Posted by Picasa
My attempt of getting a good picture of the boys with their pumpkins.
Andrew and Emma. She is a month and a half younger than he is and she is so long...She and Andrew are in the same class and her sister, Blake, and Joshua are in the same class.
The boys on the tractor. The only time Joshua said okay to letting Andrew up there with him.

1 comment:

Newman Family Blog said...

That looks like so much fun! Glad that y'all had a great time.