Tuesday, October 21, 2008

CHURCH FALL FESTIVAL

The Kennedy bunch had a great Saturday. The weather was perfect and we got to see a number of our friends.
The day started with me running the 5k while Jeff had some good one on one time with both boys. I was very pleased with my run/jog (36 minutes) since I had not run even a mile in at least 3 months and the last time I ran a 5k is too long to remember. I was thankful that the Rissmiller's were there to run with me...I get my motivation from others (Meredith would say it is my competitive side). Jeff pushed Cole in the stroller and pregnant Emily, 20+ weeks, set the pace. After the 5k it was cool off time. The church had orange slices, bananas, yogurt, juice, water, and coffee for all the early risers. Once I cooled off I volunteered to watch some bounce houses for a short while. I was the "adult" supervision. Funny since the teenager I was making sure was doing everything correctly was taller than me and may have been a bit more mature than me...I said maybe! Jeff and the boys made it to the festival by the time I was done volunteering. We had lunch, Joshua visited with the animals (he did not feel comfortable petting them), Joshua rode a pony, Joshua and Cade played on an obstacle bounce house, Joshua and Andrew played in a small bounce house, and then it was time to head out. All in all, we had a good time. I look forward to next year.


Andrew's first bounce house experience...he loved it!

He tried to get on the pony by himself...he rode the pony by himself.

Jeff and Andrew

Joshua at the end of the obstacle course. There was a teenager trying to help him through part of the course and Joshua looked at him like he was crazy. He said, "No! I don't need help."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

TeamRiss said...

We loved jogging with you in the am- thanks for going at my preggy pace. Such a great day for the festival!