Thursday, October 30, 2008

"NOBODY LOVES ME"

Yes, those were the words out of my 3, in less than two weeks 4, year olds mouth. He and I were having a rough day. I did not have our normal quality time (our playtime was spent with Andrew that day) and things were not going his way. I asked him why he thought that noone loves him. He said, "Because nobody wants to do stuff with me." Hmmm! Shall we say Quality Time is his Love Language. I provided some Words of Affirmation and later gave him some time with just us, although it was not 30 minutes the little bit that I did was good for the moment.
It makes me think about how I treat the Lord. When things are not going my way, when I don't feel like it is a good day, when I don't feel he is with me I am doing the same thing to him as Joshua said to me. No, I did not say the words, but my actions and my questioning the events of the day did. Forgive me Lord! It's funny how this all works. I try to teach my children a lesson and end up learning one.

1 comment:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Beautifully put. Your story reads like a mama's devotional.