Sunday, September 21, 2008

THEN AND NOW...7 YEARS MARRIED!

Jeff and I met in college in February 1996. I remember meeting him at a fraternity/sorority pledgeclass party, Babysitter Club. I was dressed like a babysitter and he was dressed like a baby (cloth diaper and all). We danced a lot that night, but did not exchange numbers and just a kiss on the cheek. I got home and called one of his friends to get his number. In fact, I was not even sure of his last name, so I had to get that too. Well, he was not home...he called me either the next day, or later that week. Due to pledgeship we had to sneak phone calls in and seeing each other...I think we both might have forgotten what each other looked like, so I looked on the pledge board to make sure I still thought he was cute. Anyway, we met up again within the week of our phone conversation and have been together ever since, 12 1/2 years to the day (September 22nd).
We were engaged in August 2000 in Canada. He did not get down on one knee. However, we were on some large rocks at Peggy's Cove with the sea water splashing up...I am sure one slip could have been bad. After just over a year of planning we were married at Custer Road United Methodist Church in Plano, TX on September 22, 2001. Just 11 days after 9/11! We did have some guests that could not make it due to the events prior to our wedding date and there were some things about our wedding that were not as planned. Now, 7 years later we work hard toward our marriage. We are thankful that God has provided us with one another and pray that he will always be there in our marriage.
Jeff surprised me this past weekend with dinner and a night with just he and I . We had dinner at Newports Seafood Restaurant and a night at the Renaissance Hotel. It was nice to get away, just the two of us. I encourage every couple to do this at least once a month, if not more.
Happy Anniversary Jeff! I love you!


1996...not the first time we met, but I really don't want to post those pictures.

Our wedding day...first picture as Mr. and Mrs. Kennedy.

Heading to our reception on our wedding day.

Not that great of a picture, but we had to take it ourselves...September 20. 2008.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Newman Family Blog said...

Super cute! Y'all look like babies in that first picture. Craziness! Congrats on 7 great years and 2 precious boys!