Thursday, September 25, 2008

SEPT CHALLENGE...WELL, OCTOBER NOW

I love being with my kids. Running errands, housework, and working out can take away from my time with them. So, the challenge this month is to multitask.

First, when walking with the kids try to include them in the walk. Have them get out of the stroller and do a race, or after the walk go to the playground and do a mini obstacle course with them.

Second, to get some abdominal work in (develop core control, strength, and endurance) hold your abs tight while doing housework. I vacuumed today and while vacuuming I held my abs tight. When I do the whole house that is a good 30-40 minute workout. As we age and after having babies our abdominal muscles relax. In order to build those muscles back up we have to train those muscles to go back again in unnatural situations. This can also be done with the buttocks.

Enjoy your workout!

3 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Aubrey, I'm cracking up. You're to much.

Did I mention that I don't vacuum? That's one of Chris' jobs. I'll forward the link to your blog.

Aubs said...

Hey Mer! I know you don't vacuum, but you can do the same while washing dishes, or making the bed, or picking up toys...so many options you just won't know when to stop.

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Oh Aubs, I can't wait to get started! (where's the wink button?)