Wednesday, August 20, 2008

TAKE A WALK

Andrew and I went for a walk on Monday, to the post office. The post office is 1.8 miles from our home. According to Google Maps it takes 37 minutes to walk. However, it only took Andrew and I 29 minutes to walk, in the rain and with stopping at crosswalks. All together, we were gone for an hour and five minutes (had to buy stamps). I killed two birds with one stone here...exercise (walking is one of the most efficient ways to metabolize body fat) and ran an errand. Not only that, we also saved on carbon emissions that would have been released by using my car (the post office is 2.7 miles away if we had taken a car) and saved on fuel, although small.
Go green and walk! Not only is walking good for you and the environment. It is a good form of exercise for your children to start with.

3 comments:

Ben and Abby said...

Hey Aubrey! I saw your post on our blog and am replying. Our pedi. said not to take her above 10K feet at this point - I think b/c she is so young. I would just call your pedi. to see! I bet the boys will be fine though because they are a bit older than Lainey! :) HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!

Meredith said...

LOVE IT! I am taking to walking all over here. I would much rather do that then get in the car and deal with parking, etc. around here. We walked about 1 mile or so to the park/grocery store today. Green is definitely all over Europe and it is refreshing.

TeamRiss said...

Hey woman- I can so identify with you. We routinely walk to the library, the mall and our 'pack and mail shop' and people think I'm nuts. Not only are we enjoying the outside but now we're saving the environment. Love it and way to go, woman.