Tuesday, August 5, 2008

FIRSTS

I am so proud of Joshua! He is such a big boy...it really makes me want to cry! Joshua had his first teeth cleaning AND his first eye appointment. He did not cry. He did exactly what he was asked to do. He did not even need me...see, makes me want to cry!
The dental appointment was actually his second. The first visit was a "Happy Visit". Joshua meets the dental hygenist, sits in the chair, sees the equipment, and watches a video. However, a cleaning is different and I was thinking he might have a hard time. I was wrong! They came and got him while I was getting my teeth cleaned. He went without even looking back at me. The doctor came and told me that he was great during the x-rays and that they took pictures, see below. After my cleaning I sat outside the door waiting for him. I could here him talking about how he brushes his teeth, about the spit sucker he got to hold, and about what type of floss he wanted. I was so very excited for him! He is excited about the tooth brush and tooth paste he got from the dentist. He does not even want to use his spin tooth brush.
The eye appointment was his first. Although, he has gone with me for my eye appointments. Again, he was called back by the doctor and no worries...he went right in. He jumped up on the chair and put his chin on the machine...the doctor was amazed at how well he was doing. The doctor even dialated Joshua's eyes. Such a big step. Again, I was so very excited for him and proud at how big he is getting.
The first day of school is really going to hit me...why is it so easy for them to just go? Maybe that is a sign that we are doing something right by him!!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: