Thursday, August 28, 2008

ST. MARY'S GLACIER

Jeff, Joshua, Andrew, Dave, Lynda, and myself went on a hike to St. Mary's Glacier. It was a short, but steep hike up a heavily rocky climb. The drive to the hike was long, but the scenary was just beautiful hiking up and at the top. We had lunch with some chipmunks, fished (the boys) and caught nothing, walked around parts of the lake, and then went home.
Quote from Joshua, "All this casting and fishing and pooping gives me a great idea...lunch!"
Story behind the quote: We went on a hike down to the creek to throw rocks in a few days before the glacier hike. On the way back Joshua had to go poop. I told him that I had some wipes and he could go in the woods. He did not want to. On the way back up he was singing, "I can hold it! I can hold it! I can hold it!" under his breath. About two minutes into singing he could not hold it any longer. So, he and I hiked off the trail and he went poop...Ugh! It was not easy. With all this in mind I made sure he went before we left for the glacier hike and asked if he needed to go once we got there (a port-a-potty was near by). He said he did not have to go. So, after casting his pole for a while and fishing for a while he had to go poop. Oh boy! I had to take him to find another spot to go poop. I took my wipes and off we went. This time was easier. I found a rock he could sit back over and the whole process was better. We got back to the fishing spot, he made his comment, and then ate his lunch. Boys!
Back to the hike...recommend it, but be sure to bring $5 for parking.

Joshua casting his pole...Grampie got him the pole and he was practicing all last week casting.

Jeff and Joshua fishing.

The boys looking at the glacier.

Hiking back down since Joshua wanted in the backpack.

No comments: