Friday, July 25, 2008

WHY DO I FEEL GUILTY?

The boys and I went to Hawaiian Falls again today. We do not go every week and got season passes to enjoy this summer, but I feel guilty about it. My house was a mess (dishes, rinsed off, by the sink, toys every where, and beds unmaid) when I left this morning and there goes Jeff off to work for another long and exhausting day. Jeff was okay with me getting the passes and does not seem to be bothered by it...I just feel almost as if I am taking advantage of me being at home. Then I ask myself, "Why shouldn't I be able to take some fun time?" I mean, I have the boys 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and rarely do I get a vacation. The last time I was away from Andrew was April and that was for one night. Jeff can take a vacation from work, although he still checks his e-mail, and from the boys since I am always there. Then there is the business of the house work. I could have cleaned up before I left, but I did not want to. I told myself I will do it as soon as I get home...we all know that I am going to rest and check e-mail when I get home. So, does anyone else feel guilty about all the "play time" you get while your house is a mess, or your husband is at work?

2 comments:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Cuz we're moms and that's how we're wired...

You're also frugal and try to buy only "needed" items so its hard to spend.

However, just keep asking yourself what your kids will remember in 5, 10, 20 years. When you are on your way to heaven, you aren't going to be regretting the day you left the house dirty to play with your kids!!

Newman Family Blog said...

Amen Meredith! It's all about making memories. You shouldn't feel guilty at all! Just remember how blessed you are to be able to stay at home with the boys. Take advantage of every minute of it!