Thursday, July 17, 2008

FIRST CAMPING TRIP

I took the boys on their first camping trip. We went to Cooper Lake in East Texas with my mom, sister, and sister's three boys (she has 5 kids total). We stayed three nights and three days...I have to say that camper camping is much easier than tent camping. I had a good time and Joshua tells me he would do it again...we are already planning the next trip. Maybe we can get Jeff to go next time.
Jeff asked me if I was planning on staying a month with all the items I took. I told him that we had to bring food and entertainment, so it looks like more than what it really is. We all slept in the camper, the boys did not want to sleep in their tents (Joshua lasted 40 minutes one night). Nights were a little rough with everyone in the camper...Leelan, 2, relived his day while sleeping. Kalab, 11, could not stop grinding his teeth. Joshua kept thrashing about. Andrew would not stay asleep...he wanted his bed.
We hiked, swam, played on the playground, played ball games at the camp site, and played card games into the wee hours of the morning.

Andrew at the swimming hole.

The boys and I at the swimming hole.

One of the hiking trails...Joshua was napping during this hike.

Mom and the four boys...there is one more grandson that lives in MI.
Sleeping quarters for three nights.
The boys at the playground.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jessica said...

3 women, 5 kids/babies, 1 camper, 3 days? Oh my!

You are braver than I am.