Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS 2009

Christmas morning I woke early, 7:00 a.m., to put the breakfast casserole in the oven. The only family members we were missing at my brother's, Cameron, in MI at this time were my sister, Teri, and her crew. They were driving in that morning (drove all Christmas Eve into Christmas morning). Teri and her family made it at 8:00 a.m. and soon everyone woke. It was very exciting and crowded! There were 10 kids (12 to 2) and 9 adults.
Once we finished eating breakfast we walked to the boys into the room where the tree was and they got to see their Santa gifts. Joshua got a keyboard and Andrew got Tonka trucks. Then we watched groups of kids open their gifts. We started with the youngest two, Andrew and Oliver (both 2). Then moved on to Leelan (3), Joshua (5) and Cadance (5). After that we let the girls open their gifts, Audra (8), Samantha (9), and Robin (10). Finally, the older boys opened gifts, Christopher (10) and Kalab (12). I guess that is not really all...the adults opened in groups as well...couples. Then we opened stockings. Seriously, it takes a long time for 19 people to open gifts. I think it is important to really let everyone enjoy seeing what each other gets and having their moment to thank everyone, so we took our time. It was really a good day!
Jeff and Andrew left us that day to fly back home. Before they left we all enjoyed a feast thanks to Cameron and Jennifer. Thank you both for hosting us all at your home. Too bad we missed the snow in TX and had no snow in MI. I would not change anything...I would change something. I would have spent more time with Jeff and Andrew.
Happy Birthday Jesus!

Our family!

My sister's family...she has 5 kids!!!

My brother's family.

Mom, Randy, Pat (Randy's mom), and some random pics.


1 comment:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Now that is a wild time filled with lots of wonderful memories! Glad y'all survived!! Seriously, I need to give your boys the children's book, "The Relatives Came" or that would be a good thank you gift to send to your brother's family. Its so y'all!!!!