Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Jeff, the boys, and I rung in the New Year at home. We made the boys shrimp and homemade macaroni and cheese for dinner at their normal dinner time. Then we gave them a special brownie and ice cream dessert and rushed them off to bed...I love young people that need 12 hours of sleep. Once the boys were in bed asleep Jeff and I started on our romantic dinner at home...filet, shrimp, mushrooms, mashed potatoes, homemade macaroni and cheese, grilled asparagus, and wine by candle light (we forgot the roaring fire until we had dessert). It was a very nice way to bring in 2010.
The first day of the New Year Joshua got up and poured he and Andrew a bowl of cereal, I made it just in time to help Andrew pour his milk. Then Jeff and I laid in bed a bit longer before I got up to make homemade biscuits, sausage links, and fried eggs...Yummo! If the way the boys ate was a sign to the new year we are going to have a large grocery bill. Joshua ate 4 biscuits, 4 sausage links, and one egg (he asked for another and I told him no). Andrew ate 2 biscuits, 3 sausage links, and left his egg along (he is only 2). Being a country girl I like hearty appetites, but all this food just gives them that much more energy and they are tornadoes without food.
Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

What a fun evening! Happy New Year.