Saturday, January 23, 2010

SKIING WITH DADDY

I dropped Joshua and Jeff off at the Gondola that takes you to Peaks 7 and 8 this morning (11:30)...very cold and heavy snow. I have to say I was a little nervous, but knew that Jeff would take care of Joshua. Joshua went to ski school on Peak 9, so this was going to be a new run for him.
I received one update from Jeff while they were skiing..."we just did 3 runs and are going to eat lunch because Joshua's hands are cold." All was well it seemed. Then at about 2:45 I got a call that said they were going to do one more run and then they were coming back down the Gondola. I picked them up and Joshua was non-stop talk about how much fun he had. It was so good to hear. Jeff said that Joshua was fearless. He said that Joshua liked going straight down the mountain at full speed, so that was one thing he kept trying to help him with. Joshua really got the hang of turning today and obviously had no problem stopping.
Jeff took some video. I will add that to the blog once I can save it in a format that I can use.
Getting ready to go skiing.
All ready...
On their way...
Andrew and I went to the grocery store while the boys were skiing, ate lunch, and took a nap.

No comments: