Saturday, January 23, 2010

GRANDPARENTS

Joshua and Andrew have some pretty awesome grandparents. There is Grampie and Mimi (Jeff's parents), Great Grammie (Jeff's grandmother), Maammaw and Pawpaw (my parents), Grandpa Terry (My dad), Great Grandma (my dad's mom), and Great Great Grandma (my dad's grandmother). I always took advantage that I knew so many of my grandparents (all of my grandparents were living for many years of my life...3 great grandparents were a big part of my life as well). Now, I see how important this relationship is and will do my best to make sure the boys don't take advantage of it.
Jeff and I took a vacation up to CO without the boys at the beginning of January. They stayed with Grampie and Mimi as well as Maammaw and Pawpaw those 10 days. We called every day to see how everyone was doing and I have to say that the boys had a blast. They were having so much fun that they did not even want to talk to us on the phone...the few times they did I know they were bribed. We know the time was so very special and we are so appreciative of both sets of grandparents.
Now, we are still in CO and the boys are here with us, thanks to Grampie and Mimi. They drove the 13 hours (more with the boys) to Breckenridge, CO from Colleyville, TX so that we could enjoy the snow and skiing much longer. They did stop in Raton, NM (about 9 hours) to stay at a hotel (see picture below) and have a pajama party. Again, the boys had a great time and from what I understand there was not one tear shed during the lengthy drive.
Thank you Grampie and Mimi for everything. You are awesome! I love the memories the boys are building with you both. We ALL love you!

No comments: