Monday, April 13, 2009

EASTER CONT...

The church service was excellent. I have not been to a Baptist service in a long while and Jeff was especially not familiar with what to expect. I assured him it would be fine...no one would make him raise his hands, shout "Amen", or come to the front to profess his faith. So, the service started with about 40 minutes of music. Great music for those that listen to 94.9 KLTY. I really enjoyed some of the solos as well. Yes, there was hand raising, shouts of "Amen", and people were called on to pray, but Jeff hung in there. I really felt at home during the service, it is the type of service I grew up with. Thanks Jeff for stepping out of your comfort zone.
Anyway, after the service we went to my parent's house for lunch and an egg hunt for the kids. Lunch consisted of ham, pinto beans, squash, home made fried potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and corn bread. Again, another delicious meal. Once we finished eating we had three egg hunts. Due to the rain we had to have the hunt inside. The smallest two, both 19 months old, went first. Then the 4 year old and 3 year old went. Finally, the oldest kids hunted...this was fun since my mom and sister hid the eggs really well. Again, there were chocolate eggs, plastic eggs with goodies of candy and toys, and bigger toys. Andrew really got into it this time. However, he still wanted to open each egg as he grabbed them.
My brother-in-laws oldest son, Chad, was there with his wife, Franci, and her mother, Petra (sp?). His wife and mother-in-law are from Germany. Her mom does not speak english, but hung in there with all of us. It was great to have them there. I also learned that their traditional Easter dinner consists of carrots and rabbit. Although they enjoyed our lunch I am sure they missed some of their traditions.
Thanks mom for a great day.


Oliver and Andrew

Joshua and Leelan

Andrew and Oliver playing the piano

Kalab, Robin, and Samantha
Posted by Picasa

No comments: