Sunday, April 5, 2009

CHALLENGE

Andrew and I picked up Joshua on Tuesday. Yes, he got to miss school so that he could go to SC. Although school is important at his age spending time with the relatives is even more important (he only goes two days a week anyway). He was very excited to see us, as we were to see him. He had so much to share, but wanted to play first.
Aunt Kristen's is always fun. Not only does she have a fun house, yard, and four kiddos to play with (Katy and Zachary are not always there), she plans fun stuff outside the home too. They went to Funzone (bounce house type facility), went to a duck show (Uncle Les is an avid duck hunter..."Thank you Uncle Les for the loud obnoxious duck call!"), enjoyed a bounce house at the birthday party, went to the zoo, and got to play Wii. Oh so much fun!
Well, I guess he felt the fun was over when we started the drive home. He did not want to leave Grampie and Mimi and became a bit of a challenge after that. Tuesday night and Wednesday really were not too bad. However, Thursday came around and WOW! I was not prepared for what he had to throw at me. Andrew and I could not say or do anything right. Joshua just exploded at everything. It was on the way to school that he asked me, "What are you and Andrew doing today?" That is when it dawned on me (Ah Ha moment) that he wanted some time with me since he had been gone for 5 days...shall we say, "Quality Time" as his primary Love Language? This is really imposible since I have Andrew and Jeff is at work. So, thankfully he had school on Thursday and Jeff and Joshua got some good one-on-one time on Friday...I did a lot of praying for the short time I was with him on those two days.
Saturday and Sunday was much better. Now I have Jeff traveling to look forward to with Joshua...Joshua has a hard time with Daddy traveling, but I don't think he knows how to express that with words (he has become very angry or has had an upset stomach that he vomits and does not eat). I hope to help him use his words this time. Jeff set him up an e-mail account last time, but not sure that is enough. Maybe Jeff needs to get a webcam. Oh the joys of being a parent and learning as you go!!!

No comments: