Sunday, April 5, 2009

DO I REALLY WANT HIM TO GROW UP?

I was watching baseball with Joshua tonight when we had the following conversation...
Joshua: Mom, will you come watch me play in the big field when I am a big baseball player?
Mom: Of course I will.
Joshua: You will! Then you will bring me to the game and take me home from the game?
Mom: Well, if you are a big boy baseball player you should have your own home by then. Mommy will be happy to come see you play.
Joshua (tears in his eyes and quivering bottom lip dragging the ground): But Momma I want to stay with you. Why don't you want me to stay with you? How will I see you and talk to you? They don't have phones at the baseball fields.
Mommy (tears in my eyes now because I don't want him to grow up): Oh Joshua! I am sure you will have your own phone and you can always use a payphone. When we get older and have our own jobs we have to move out of our parents homes, but you can always come visit and we will visit you.
Joshua (stubborn now): Oh no! I won't have a phone and I just want to stay with you.
Conclusion...he wants to grow up and be a big baseball player that lives with his parents...Jeff says, "As long as he buys our house!"

2 comments:

TeamRiss said...

That is truly awesome. And so like a daddy to say the last comment. He loves his mama...how could he not?

Jonna said...

do payphones still exist?? I started tearing up, too :(