Saturday, October 10, 2009

FUN ON THE PUMPKIN FARM

We celebrated two birthdays today, Blake and Emma Coleman. Blake is 5, 10/6, and Emma is (will be) 2, 10/22, our boys ages. Since their birthdays are in the same month their parents decided that it would be a good idea to have one big (60 + people there I think) birthday party while the girls don't mind celebrating together. So, they rented out the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm in Celina, TX. If you have not been to this pumpkin farm definately check it out.
We got to feed the animals, goats, sheep, Texas Long Horn, and regular cows. Andrew would not feed the smaller animals. He liked holding the bigger feed for the cows, but only approached the cow if Jeff was with him. Joshua really enjoyed feeding all the animals. He ran from one fence to the next getting slobbered on. Thankfully we had wipes and hand sanitizer. After feeding the animals we went on a hay ride. Joshua and I got on the first ride and Andrew and Jeff got on the second ride. I think both boys enjoyed it. Then we had hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, chips, drinks, and of course chocolate and vanilla cake. Yes, each girl had their own cake and yes, Jeff and I had a little of each. Yummy! Finally, to keep ourselves warm from the cold fall weather we stood around the roaring fire (I smell of smoke...I did not want to wash my hair for church tomorrow, but no chance now). The kids were not so interested in the fire. They ran around playing sword fight with the glow in the dark bracelets while the parents hung around the fire. I bet one of the boys started this trend. However, I did see the girls in there holding their own.
Thanks Coleman's for including us during this special time!

No comments: