Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wet & Cold Days!

I am entering the wonderful world of Blogging...be afraid, be very afraid! I hope to be able to share our journey of being parents and trying to maintain our sanity. One of the ways I do that is by working out, hence the name of the blog. I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I hope to use the blog as a support system for myself...one of those things if you have to write it down...anyway, here goes!


Wet and cold days are difficult for us to handle in the Kennedy household. Joshua's energy is too much for our home to handle and the bones of my always aging body take a while to warm up.

How do you keep a 3 year old busy inside a house when it is yucky outside? I let him help me fix breakfast. Thankfully the items that dropped on the floor where still in the package...we had eggs, bacon, sausage, and biscuits this morning. A special breakfast for Jeff leaving tomorrow for 12 days. Then he got to go with Daddy to run some errands. Not sure how well that was for Daddy, but it was great for Mommy. Next we played the Spelling game that Cade got him for his birthday...after putting 3 small puzzles together he was ready to move on. After the puzzle game it was time to play the pick on Andrew game...oh yea, this is an ongoing event from this point on because Andrew gets too much of Mommy's attention. Then there was the game of Joshua goes, or is dragged, to his room because he threw something at Mommy since he was not getting his way. I wish I had ear muffs during that game. Then there was time to sit on his table in his playroom and throw everything off of it and onto the floor. He moved on to singing his alphabet...fun for all! Next was time to run around and beg everyone to play hockey. Then cry about no one playing hockey with him. Since no one wants to play hockey he wants to watch a DVD. Well, the rule is "if you cannot sleep all night in your own bed then no cartoons, videos, DVD's, etc..." that began about 20 minutes of screaming and yelling, "but I WANT TO." Finally, he sat next to me and...passed out. Maybe he is not ready to skip naps.















As for me, not sure if it has to do with age or mentality, but my bones ache when it gets cold outside. It makes me not want to get out of the house, much less go work out. I need to work on that. I always go to the internet for some support and found this site, http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fitness/HQ01681. I should have taken my sons request to play hockey to heart. Even though that is not a 30 minute run, it is a workout. So, next time he wants to play hockey, or baseball, or anything I will do it without holding back.

Hope you all enjoyed this day!

No comments: