Monday, March 17, 2008

Tour of Mumbai

Alright, I know I have not posted an update on my adventures in India for a few days now. So, I wanted to let whoever's reading this know what's been happening.

This past week was mainly spent working from approx. 8pm - 3am, and then sleeping during the day. It's been a little difficult adjusting to working during the night here, but definitely manageable. I came down with what I thought was a sinus infection early in the week, so that didn't make working nights (or even days for that matter) very fun. I bought some medicine here, but it did not help that much, so now I am pretty sure it's just the bad air here stirring up my allergies.

I was able do some sightseeing this weekend with a couple guys from the team out here. We left the hotel at 9am Sunday morning and did not return until 10pm Sunday night. So, it was a long day, but definitely worth it. The big stops on our sightseeing tour took us to the Gateway of India, lunch at the Taj hotel on the Arabian Sea, and then we took an hour ferry ride to Elephanta Island. Elephanta Island has multiple Hindu temples all carved directly into the rock with hammers and chisels way back in 86 AD. So, this was probably the highlight of the tour.

It's 7:30pm on Monday night in India as I’m posting this entry. I was able to take an auto rickshaw to the office today, which is one of the pictures below. This is a popular means of travel for all the locals here, so I figured I had experience what the locals do. This will be my last night here in India. I will catch a flight at 10:40pm on Tuesday night to begin the long journey back to the States.

Hope everyone is doing well, and I will see you soon!!!










Gateway of India









Taj Hotel









Hindu Temple on Elephanta Island









Hindu rock carving






Auto Rickshaw

1 comment:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I'm so jealous. I do wish I could go to India. I don't know why everyone thinks that's so crazy. I think they're the ones that are crazy.

Anyway, thanks for posting pics. Oh and I'm jealous that you bought your wife some stuff from India. I know she's your wife, blah blah blah. I never had any interest in the Manilla market, why didn't I request stuff from India??? LOL! Next time you will have an order from me...