Monday, March 10, 2008

First Couple Days In India



Hey Guys,

It’s 10:14 am Monday here in Mumbai. I got up about 7:30am this morning, went down and had breakfast, then took some pictures for you guys to enjoy. Yesterday was a good day. Got up about 7:30am, went downstairs and had breakfast, laid by the pool for a little bit and read a book, then worked out in the afternoon. The food here is pretty good at the hotel, but I am still being somewhat selective in what I eat. After working out yesterday, I got cleaned up, and Chris (a guy on my team who is here with me) and I went and ate dinner at a restaurant here in the hotel. Dinner was very good. We had king prawns for an appetizer, and chicken fried rice along with lobster in garlic and butter sauce (yum yum). I know, I know, but remember I worked out before this dinner!!!

Tonight will be the first night at the office. I’m looking forward to getting there and meeting the new team that we will be training. I just plan on taking it easy today, will go and work out, do some ironing since everything is wrinkled from the long trip, and try to take a nap since I will be switching to nights now. The rest of the week will be all about work. We will go into the office around 7pm and work until 5am or so. Then back to the hotel and sleep during the day (sounds like fun, huh?) I don’t remember majoring in college to work in call centers, but funny how we end up doing what we do!!!

All of the attached pictures are views from the hotel, the pool, and lobby area. Couple of things that you may have questions about. The pool is the biggest infinity pool in Mumbai. The body of water you see is just a lake around the hotel, not the Arabian Sea. The guy sitting in the lobby is playing music using small bowls filled with different amounts of water (he looks angry that I took his picture, but he’ll get over it).

Well, I think that pretty much sums everything up that has taken place the past day and a half. Hope all of you are doing well. Can’t wait to get home!!!

--Jeff





1 comment:

Jonna said...

Does Jeff know you are sharing his emails on here? :)