Thursday, July 23, 2009

NEW ADDITION

We have a new addition to our family, her name is Chloe. She is an 8 month old chocolate lab mix. So far so good...the boys seem to love her. Joshua said, "Mom, I really love my dog." I really wonder if Chloe is causing him to have memories of our first dog, Riley. He did mention her a couple of times, comparing the dogs, but he did not seem upset.
I got her at noonish and we introduced her to the boys in the back yard. Andrew and Joshua both stayed by the back door for a while. She did not approach them and they did not her. When Jeff squated to pet her Andrew came running to check her out. It has taken all day for Andrew to really get in her face and enjoy her licks, but Joshua warmed up after a few hours. He asked to feed her, to walk her, to take her outside, to play fetch with her, to give her a bone, he is genuinely excited. We hope this is all a start to a love of dogs for both the boys...learning responsibility would be nice too.
Welcome to the family Chloe!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

The Locke Family said...

There is a part of me that is so jealous! I really miss having a dog. I love them and think they make wonderful pets. I'm hoping when Lucy is a little bit older we will take the plunge again!! Chloe is really cute!! Good for you guys

Jessica said...

She's so cute. I love boys and dogs!

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

I showed this to Cade and he's excited!!! We can't wait to meet her and love on her.

Steph- you crack me up...I told Aubs last night, the only thing that is stopping me is the cow patty sized poo in the backyard! Eddie's are tootsie roll sized and that's enough.

TeamRiss said...

She is cute- welcome to Chloe!