Tuesday, December 2, 2008

GOING HOME

Mom and I originally planned to head home Sunday. However, I received a text from a friend that lives in Nashville. I text her back and arranged for us to stay the night with her, if we decided to leave Saturday. After many undecisive conversations between Mom and myself we finally decided we would leave Saturday morning (decided Friday just before dinner).
During dinner on Friday Audra and Joshua were both filling ill. We did not think too much about it until I pulled into the drive and Audra said she was going to throwup. I hurried her into the house and she went straight to the bathroom. She did not get sick right away...I think we all thought she had gas and that Joshua was just feeling sympathy pains. WE WERE WRONG! Audra did get sick...she was pretty neat about it (those with young kids will appreciate the neatness when they are older). Then Cadance got sick, not neat at all. After Cadance came Joshua. Cadance, Joshua, and Audra all got sick again before Christopher got sick. It was crazy and a MESS! The kids were so upset and in pain. We just could not figure out why this was going on. Andrew was not getting sick and the adults were feeling fine. Was it something they ate?
I was keeping Jeff up to speed via e-mail and then at about 10:00 p.m. He called and told me he was sick. Jennifer and Mom followed him by getting sick in the middle of the night. So, it was nothing they ate, but a virus. Needless to say we were all up until the wee hours of the morning, if anyone actually got any sleep.
Mom, the boys, and I still ended up leaving Saturday morning, about an hour later than we wanted to. Mom drove us all the way to Nashville (Mi, OH, KY, TN). She ended up going straight to bed and the boys and I went with my friend, DBLA, to dinner. The next morning we got up early and finished our drive, 10 hours, to Texas (TN, AK, TX). The boys did really well both days. Andrew is not as good sitting for that long as Joshua, but he is not interested in the DVD player as much as Joshua. I cannot complain...
Andrew and I never got sick and Joshua was good on Saturday and after Mom slept, she felt much better. Jeff still has a few stomach issues. Jennifer and the kids are feeling better, but a few of them took a few days to recover.
I am thankful we were able to take the trip to see family and ended by seeing a good friend. If you ever get a chance to take a trip, do it. The kids and you will survive and there is a lot to see out there on the roads. I imagine as the boys get older it will be even better...I see many road games in our future, especially to CO.


Andrew after a chocolate donut...he was hungry and it is all I had.

Joshua passed out on Saturday.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: