Saturday, April 5, 2008

COUNTRY DAYS

The boys and I went to Emory this weekend to see my Mom...she wanted us to go to Canton First Mondays to pick up some guinea fowl. We did not make it to Canton...we did relax by playing some games (Backgammon), visiting the cousins, going shopping, getting pictures taken, and enjoying the weather outside on Saturday.
My family is pretty competitive. When we get together to play games it can get ugly. However, since Backgammon is a two person game I did not have to leave Mom's early. She beat me the first game and then I won the second. We both called it quits before we played a third. I know, hard to believe I did not want more.
My sister's youngest boys, Leelan and Oliver, hung out with us on Friday. It was fun to watch the boys play together. Andrew pulled up for the first time. I was sitting by the coffee table with Andrew in my lap. Oliver was already standing by the table...Andrew had to see what Oliver was looking at and pulled right on up...he did this a few times that day. Andrew also started saying, "dadadadadadada" while we were there.
The cousins had to leave and we went shopping. Shopping in the country can mean a 30 minute drive to the nearest Wal-Mart. However, Emory now has a Family Dollar, Alco, and Brookshires...10 minute drive from the house. While at Brookshires a complete stranger, to me not to Mom because in the country everyone knows you, came up to Andrew and was kissing all over him. I think I would have freaked if I were in Dallas and this happened. Then, Mom came up and started talking to the stranger.
Mom wanted to get the boys picture taken, so we went to the Portrait Studio at Wal-Mart. This was a half-day event. You can see a collage of the pictures below.
Finally, we spent some time playing outside. We played ball, drove around in the truck, played on the swing set PawPaw made, and made sure we stayed away from the snakes.
We had a good time...Joshua said, "Momma, did you have fun with me at MaamMaw's and PawPaw's? I sure did have fun with you at MaamMaw's and PawPaw's!"

A few of the pics from the studio.

Andrew in his John Deer hat and a building block.
Joshua sliding...

"Ooops! I better reverse or I will hit the house."

"This stick is good PawPaw."

Thanks Mom for a good weekend!

1 comment:

Meredith Braaten, CD(DONA) said...

Andrew looks so good in green! And those boys are going to have SUCH good memories of playing in Emory!! How fun!